Details of FOLA Groups in South Australia
The Friends of the State Library of South Australia
Stirling, Woodside and Gumeracha each have a 'Friends of the Library'. Each is an incorporated community organisation that supports and advocates for the Adelaide Hills libraries, their services, programs and functions. Details can be found on the Library weblink below.
SEE ALSO entry for Friends of the Library, Stirling on this web page.
Friends of the University of Adelaide Library
Friends of the Charles Sturt Library Service is an Incorporated body made up of all of the Library's volunteers. Membership is free. Whilst the Friends play a silent role in the operation of the Library Service and as such do not occupy a space on the Library website, Council's Library Policy states that the City of Charles Sturt "acknowledges the role of the Friends of the Library in providing volunteer hours and funding to support the ongoing operations of the Library. Funding provided to the Library for specific projects is supplementary to the operations of the Library within specific guidelines developed by the Friends."
Secretary: Mrs Alina Tropeano
Friends of the Charles Sturt Library Service
PO Box 1
Woodville SA 5011
Phone: 08 8408 1333
The Friends of the Clare Library is a not for profit organization which supports, enhances and promotes the Clare Library.
- Four meetings per year
- Fundraising including book sales.
- Events including meet the author events.
- Promotion and advocacy of the Library
33 Old North Rd
Clare, SA 5453
Phone: 08 8842 3817
Friends of Marion Library
Hallett Cove Library
Hallett Cove, SA 5158
The Friends of the Playford Library Incorporated
- Fundraising to assist the Library including conducting book sales
- Annual lunch and entertainment for Home bound clients
- Assist with library functions
- Guest speakers
- Meetings every second Tuesday of the Month 9.45am
City of Playford
12 Bishopstone Road,
Davoren Park SA 5113
Friends of the Prospect Library have 5 meetings a year including the AGM currently held in November. Membership is open to anyone in the community who is interested in supporting the Prospect Library.
- Issue a quarterly newsletter "Books, Etc"
- hold a Book Sale at the Prospect Town Hall as the major fundraiser for the year,
- hold a number of events in the Prospect Library including a film night,
- Writers Speak evenings and raffles are run throughout the year.
- The Friends provide support for the Children’s Writing Competition being held in 2011 in conjunction with Children’s Book Week.
Friends of the Library, Stirling Inc has over 500 members and the Committee meets monthly. Membership is free and open to Library users and others who wish to support the Coventry Library,Stirling.
- 4-5 Friends evenings in the Coventry Library, Stirling, with guest speakers
- 3 raffles, 2 major book sales and book stand sales (with honesty box) continuing throughout the year
- A public advocacy role as needed, including during local government election campaigns, to ensure that the interests of the Library and library users are kept before Council and the public.
- Financial and volunteer support for the Library - $10,000 in direct financial support last financial year and approximately $38,000 in kind from volunteers.
- 4-5 Newsletters per year are emailed to members
Dr David A S Parker - President
PO Box 32
Burnside SA 5066
Ms Lyn Radzevicius
21 Ashenden Road
Aldgate SA 5154