Details of FOLA Groups in Victoria
Friends of Altona Libraries support Altona, Altona Meadows and Altona North libraries (part of the Hobson Bay area) with a financial membership of (50) which includes an Executive Committee of twelve (12) who meet bi-monthly to conduct the business of the group.
- Fund raising through our Book room sales, a facility we are fortunate to have on a permanent basis and which includes a generous storage area. Open on 3 days every month, this is our basic fund raiser
- Occasional Big Book Sales which usually raise $1500 to $1800
- sponsoring a successful children’s "Book Illustration Competition" on an annual basis
Friends of Altona Libraries
PO Box 21
Altona Vic, 3018
Friends of the Library Alexandra
Alexandra Vic, 3714
Friends of Castlemaine Library Incorporated
Ms. Eve Banks Vice President and Members & Volunteers Coordinator
C/O Castlemaine Library
212 Barker St
Castlemaine 3450 VIC
Friends of Corryong Library
PO Box 72
Corryong Vic, 3707
Euroa Friends of the Library hold Meetings at the Euroa Library 1st Monday of the month at 5pm.
- A second-hand Bookshop, the Already Read Bookshop, staffed by volunteers. Stock is provided by donations from the community. The Bookshop is open 7 days a week. Funds are used for support of the Euroa library
- Mid-Winter Lunch - an annual event held in July with guest speakers and a soup and sandwich lunch.
President - Leanne Baker 03 5795 1356
Secretary - Lynette Musgrove 03 5795 2407
There are currently 5 Friends groups affiliated with the Goulburn Valley Regional Library at:
New members are always welcome. Each Friends group holds regular meetings and events. Please contact your closest branch for details.
Friends of Inverloch Library FOIL has a current membership 100+ with a Committee that meets 5 times per year.
- FOIL provides general support to the Library and its community
- ‘Come & Meet the author'. These popular events are held 3 to 4 times per year
- Children's Book Week with library visits by local primary school children, competitions, book prizes and an opportunity to hear, touch, feel and maybe borrow short listed works.
Friends of Inverloch Library
C/o 16 A'Beckett Street Inverloch Vic 3996
Friends of the Library Kyabram - FOLK
- Small membership 15 - 20
- Meeting every Two Months at our Library, followed by a popular shared luncheon
- Money is raised by a yearly pie drive and two raffles a year.
- A stall in the library to sell donated books
We recently gave our librarian $500.00 to purchase large print books and bookends.
Sue Hill (FOLK President)
Phone: 03 5859 0688
Friends of Latrobe City Libraries has a very small membership of 17 mostly retired people.
Meetings are held on the 4th Wednesday in the month (not Dec) and rotate between the towns of Morwell, Churchill, Moe and Traralgon.
- Our main activities running sales of surplus stock from the Latrobe City Library Service as well as donations from the public.
- Profits raised are used to purchase items the Library Service request.
- Our group endeavours to pass on community input into library policy and design as well as lobby for increased funding for libraries.
Jill Beck (secretary/treasurer)
32 Canfield Cres
Traralgon VIC 3844
Friends of the Macedon Ranges Libraries
PO Box 572
Woodend Vic 3442
03 5427 1650
Friends of the Baillieu Library
Friends of Nunawading Libraries - FONL
- We hold two book sales a year, usually March/April, September/October, l AGM in March, l
- We send out our magazine ‘Context’ before the AGM/Book Sales
- Literary Afternoon tea in July, raising money for all the Nunawading/Manningham libraries
- The Committee meets once a month at Nunawading Library, usually the last Tuesday of the month.
4 Lilian Street
Nunawading, Victoria 3131
Phone: 03 9878 3912
The Official Wonthaggi Library Supporters Inc. (‘The Owls’) have about 50 members. They:
- publish a quarterly newsletter
- hold occasional events
- have established a regular storytelling session for pre-schoolers held on the last Thursday of every month.
West Gippsland Regional Library currently has 9 diverse Friends groups servicing the Corporation (approx. 300 members).
For information on Friends groups at Inverloch, and Wonthaggi use the Web links listed above.
For information on Friends groups at Drouin, Foster, Korrumburra, Leongatha , Maraboo North, Philip Island and Warragal use the Library link below.